<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 04, 2003

its nice to have connections.

so, i'm dealing with this hit and run accident on a rental vehicle that i was driving because of a previous accident (oh yes... my trouble with cars in the last two months definitely competes with my trouble with men) and it feels pretty stinkin' hopeless when even your own insurance people (who are suppose to be on your side, right?) aren't fighting for you. you feel a dark cloud over you because even though you KNOW you didn't do anything to cause the accidents, the damage is done, and you're left responsible... and there's nothing you can do about that.

so i called clarence, this brilliant guy who's not only like a brother to me, but he also happens to be a lawyer. he giving me some good advice on how to handle the situation, but more then that, he imbued me with confidence in how to deal with these people. "just tell them you want everything documented for your lawyer," he said. even when the situation looked completely hopeless, my confidence in his smarts and abilities make me think that he might be able to do something for me. ah, my brother, the lawyer.

ooo...and the clout that it brings! he hasn't even spoken on my behalf yet, but even throwing the word "lawyer" into the conversation gives me a feeling of power as i hear the tone in their voices change. its incredible that his time and counsel, which is worth hundreds of dollars to everyone else, comes free for me... and not only free, but welcomed.

free and welcomed counsel... mmm.... where have i heard that before? actually, i'm taking a class in Hebrews this semester, and it speaks of Jesus, our high priest. He alone is our perfect advocate. ooo... the power in THAT!

even with all of his attempts, clarence might fail me in fighting off these charges... and i know he loves me and will work hard to fight this off for me, but when push comes to shove, i doubt he'll fork over for the bill. but Jesus is not only our Perfect Lawyer, He is also willing to pick up the tab on our behalf. the biggest difference is that while this accident wasn't my fault and i feel indignant from the injustice, the only indignation i can feel is the injustice from the grace my Heavenly Lawyer sends by paying for the bill that i was indeed responsible for.

the sense of gratitude i had for clarence this morning shames me. in comparison to how thankful i feel for his sticking up for me, how much more so should i feel this for an even greater advocate--my Perfect High Priest and Brother! And He has power... He has wisdom and insight and loopholes i can't even dream of...

yep, it sure IS nice to have connections in High Places.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?